Tuesday, May 15, 2012

in a nutshell

Kid A
This is Alisha - cherry queen and love of my life. Born on 22 June, 2010 at Parkway East Hospital. In the cc she goes to, she's known for her bows cos I can't seem to stop buying them and making her wear them. Alisha loves books since I've read to her since she was an infant. The first book I read was "Does A Kangaroo Have A Mother Too?" by Eric Carle. I replaced the word "mother" with "mummy" so that she would then learn how to call me mummy . Since then, she's formed the link between the different words and understood that 'Mother', 'Mama' and 'Mummy' mean the same.

**She's now able to tell what her parents' names are! Trying to get her to memorise her grandparents' names now.
edit: video here! 

These are snippets of (some of)her first-s (from pictures I've previously posted on either fb or instagram):
firstphoto
First photo I took of her. I thought she looked quite like a pink dumpling which is why I dubbed her that then.

firstbestfriend
Little Miss Pink's first best friend is Cate Chan whom she met at her infantcare. They were quite the tag team back then.

firstphotoshoot
First photoshoot for Bows and Tutus by Zurina Bryant who wrote a bit about it on her blog here


First Birthday
cake
firstbdaygift
 The theme for her first birthday bash was 'Alisha in Onederland' inspired by 'Alice in Wonderland' . We celebrated it at Tropical Springs Condo courtesy of SIL's hubs.  In keeping with the theme, I had to stop myself from adorning her in pink like I would've wanted. Topsy-turvy birthday cake was by my ex-classmate's Cake Love Couture. I cannot quite remember who the caterer was but  I thought the food was just so-so. A lot of the props were from Spotlight and candy and all that's dandy were from Sheng Siong cept for the pink m&m's which were from Candylicious. Hubs and I a.k.a her loving parents got her the T&C necklace and pendant set for her first birthday.

firststaycationmbsalishabathtubbub
First staycation was at Marina Bay Sands. Grand room is grand! She enjoyed exploring the big area, jumping on the bed and chillaxing in the bathtub.

alishasnowcapfirsttriplocksmyeongdongsnowname
First overseas trip was to Seoul, Korea much to the delight of my hallyu-loving self. First time the both of us experienced snow.

1sttheatreexperience
Her first theatre experience with BFF Cate Chan was Egg and Spoon by Lyngo Theatre Company. Next up: Treasured Stories by Eric Carle: A Bear, A Moon and A Caterpillar . Even though the e-flyer indicates it to be suitable for children from ages 3 to 6, I felt it would be fine for us to go since she already knows two out of three books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment